Over the past two weeks, we have had guest speakers from Prison Fellowship and Open House tell us about their mission to share the love and truth of Jesus with others.
This week, set yourselves a Family Mission. You may like to do something for someone else:
- Bake a cake or biscuits for a neighbour (include clean up!)
- Do some gardening for someone you know that is not well
or plan some time together:
- A family movie or games night, including your favourite dinner
- A campout in the backyard or sleepover in the living room
or get outside to enjoy the fresh air and God’s creation:
- Join in some of the Nillumbik Platypus Festival events
- Clean Up Diamond Creek event
After you have completed your ‘mission’, Discuss:
- What did you like about working together?
- Would it have been harder or easier to complete the mission alone?
- How did working together make it better?
After his death and resurrection, Jesus spent 40 days on earth. Before going back to heaven, he gave his disciples a mission. Read:
- Matthew 28:16-20
- Mark 16:15
- Acts 1:4-8
Talk about ways you might share in Jesus’ mission by showing his love and telling others about him.
Reminder re this term in St John’s Kids:
Our usual practice for our in-person program is to follow the talk series. This is so that parents and kids can connect outside of Sunday activities and discuss and compare what they have heard and learnt.
This week, we start our new talk series Freedom in Jesus, covering the book of Galatians. This will run for the rest of the term and July school holidays.
As our kids’ programs do not run in the holidays, they started their Galatians teaching two weeks ago and will finish up the series at the end of term. So, keep in mind that your kids will be a couple of weeks ahead of you in the teaching series this term.
Stay tuned for a Going Bananas announcement next week!
Have a great week,
Kylie – Children & Families’ Minister
St John’s is committed to Child Safety and welcomes your feedback on how we can keep improving.