Committed to the safety and wellbeing of every young person.
As a Christian community, meeting together to worship God in the name of Jesus Christ, we affirm our commitment to the safety of each child and young person who interacts with our community. God’s word makes it clear that all people are created equal and that any position of power is to be accepted humbly and with the intent of serving others, never to harm them.
Our faith motivates us to love everyone and never to discriminate against anyone, especially on the basis of age, race, gender, language, sexual orientation, disability or family/social background. Therefore, we seek to protect the safety of all young people without exception. We want our church to be a place where young people can come to know and experience the love of Jesus and his followers.
Got a concern about Child Safety at our church? Here’s what to do:
Have you been involved in a first aid incident? Fill out an incident report form.
Every volunteer working with vulnerable people at our church needs to get a clearance before they begin. This includes a Working with Children Check and CrimCheck (see below) as well as background and reference checks.
You may need to refer to this table during the application process.
Once you’ve completed the application form please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring a printed copy to the office in Diamond Creek (covid restrictions allowing). We’ll take it from there. Clearances can take several weeks to be completed from that point.
Note: You may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to properly fill in the clearance form.
Church members follow these steps for updating or registering for a Working with children check (WWCC):
Then click the ‘Apply for Check’ button and follow the instructions.
- Click the “I want to register” button
- You’ll be asked for some details to confirm who you are
- You’ll get an email to confirm you’re real, follow the link in that email
- Login with your email and password
- Select “Change my details”.
- Scroll down and add St John’s as an organisation.
St John’s will be posted a copy of your WWCC once it has been approved. This copy will be put on confidential file for record keeping.
Please follow the instructions to lodge your national Police History Check online:
- Click on this link: https://www.crimcheck.org.au/check/stjohndc
- Fill in the details.
- Once you have completed the form and clicked submit you will receive an email from CrimCheck with full details of your check (including a list to help you understand what documents constitute Proof of ID).
- You will need to obtain copies of your Proof of ID – these documents provided must consist of:
- 1 x Commencement Identity Document (eg: passport)
- 1 x Primary Community Document (eg: driver’s licence)
- 2 x Secondary Community Documents (eg: medicare card & credit/debit card)
- Our Child Safety Officer will need to sight these within 10 days of you completing the check online. Please scan and email your Identity Documents to email@example.com. Alternatively, if you come to the office on a Monday to Thursday (between 9am – 3pm) you can show your Identity Documents in person. Note: During COVID-19 restrictions documents must be delivered electronically.
- As soon as the check is resolved it will be emailed to you.
Please do not hesitate to contact the office if you have any questions via firstname.lastname@example.org or 9438 1264.