SUNDAY 4 OCTOBER
Next week, Sunday 11 October, in the Zoom get-together after the 9:30am service, we will be running an all-ages Trivia Quiz! Gather the whole family together for this fun session.
The Zoom link will be provided in next week’s blog and will also be in the 9:30am service description on YouTube on the day. Note: You will also need a second device, a phone or tablet different from your Zoom device.
Access our streamed services here.
Hamish & Katie have recorded a special version of He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands. Get ready to join in … and listen out for your name!
This week’s passage is Luke 7:18-35. Pretend you are a detective as you read and/or listen to the passage:
- A good detective asks the right questions – What question did John’s disciples ask Jesus?
- A good detective gathers evidence – What evidence did they gather that answered their question? (v.21-23)
- A good detective draws conclusions from the evidence – Is Jesus who he says he is?
Some of this week’s activity sheets are based on a parallel passage to our Luke reading. You might like to read Matthew 11:1-19 together and compare it to the Luke passage. What is the same? What differences are there?
Today’s St John’s Kids Sessions:
This week’s 4:00pm session is aimed at Grade 2. Join here. (Meeting ID: 793 2962 8692 / Password: grade2)
This week’s 4:30pm session is aimed at Grade 3. Join here. (Meeting ID: 880 8484 2445 / Password: 112358)
As mentioned in last week’s post …
These sessions aim to reconnect your kids with their church friends and leaders, while nurturing their growing faith.
To manage numbers, we have structured the 30-minute sessions along Year Level lines. However, if the other time slot on a given date suits you better, or if your child has a specific friendship in the adjacent year, there is flexibility to join another group. However, unless your children are in the same year, or adjacent years, we ask that siblings do not attend these groups together.
We strive to create safe environments for children to come to know and experience the love of Jesus. Each session will have two adult leaders and we encourage in-room parental supervision, particularly for younger children. If you would like the option of leaving your child(ren) unsupervised in our online sessions, you must complete a permission form ahead of time.
You can find further details of our Child Safety policy and documents here.
Thanks to COVID, most of your children will have some video-conferencing experience, but we encourage you to talk through some best-practices points before their session:
- Mute your microphone when entering the meeting and at other times when the focus is on listening, not speaking (e.g. when a story is being read)
- Position your camera properly and stay in one place during the meeting
- Set the screen name with your first name
- Do not use a background picture unless necessary. If you do, do not change it during the meeting.
- Be mindful of taking turns and not speaking over one another. Just as we do in person, raise your hand (physically or with the Zoom emoticon) and wait for the leader to call on you.
- Older children: Have a bible (or bible app) on hand. (Depending on the age group, leaders may ask the group to look up a passage or may share something on the screen.)
The team looks forward to seeing and interacting with your children soon!