If you haven’t received it in snail mail or email form already, here is the invite letter for Camp Crave this year.
This is your invite to Camp Crave 2018.
Camp Crave is for people in years 7-12 (or equivalent). It’s a great few days of outdoor activities, teaching and relationship building. It’s also a great opportunity to grow in your understanding of God, ask those questions you’ve always wanted to ask and make friends that could last you for decades.
What are the key details?
- When: Friday 9th March (drop off after school, 4:30pm) – Sunday 11th March (10pm finish).
- Where: Breakaway Camp Site – Taggerty Victoria – but there will be a bus to take you from St John’s Church (61 Main St. Diamond Creek) and bring you back.
What does it cost?
Cabin rate (sleep indoors, bed provided): $150
- Save $20 before Feb 4, maximum 20 beds.
- Tent rate (sleep outdoors, arrange your own tent and mattress): $120
- Save $20 before Feb 4.
These costs include all transport, supplies, meals, activities and accommodation.
Who should I invite?
You can pretty much invite anyone you like as long as they are high school aged. Obviously we’d love all our St John’s youth to attend but here’s three other types of people we’d recommend inviting along:
- Friends who are not part of a church but who have shown some interest or openness to Christianity. We will talk about Jesus a fair bit, so they at least need to be ready to tolerate some Jesus talk. ?
- People you know who might feel a bit isolated at the moment. Camp can be a great place for someone to break out of loneliness.
- People who attend a different church to ours but have no youth camp of their own.
There will be some flyers available in the St John’s foyer in late January that you can take and give to friends.
How do I register?
IMPORTANT: All registrations must be completed by a parent/guardian.
- Go to stjohnsdc.info and click the big ‘Camp Crave’ button.
- Click “Book Now” at the top of the page.
- Choose whether you wish to stay in a cabin or tent (tents are cheaper but you need to bring your own mattress).
- To proceed with your booking click “Continue Booking”. The process should be straight forward from there.
- The first page will ask for some important information about the people attending the camp as well as ask a parent/guardian to confirm our Camp Indemnity Agreement.
- On the following page you will be asked if you’d like to make an extra donation towards other families who may not be able to afford the full cost of camp. Please do not feel any pressure to donate; of course, we welcome your generosity if you are able.
- To finish the registration, you will be asked for some details about the person making the booking and the relevant financial details.
- You can pay with Mastercard or Visa. If you are unable to use these methods, please contact us on the details below.
Bookings close midnight on the 1st of March but if you want a cabin spot we suggest registering asap as they are allocated on a first in, best dressed basis.
About a week before the camp we will send you an email confirming details of the camp (e.g. bus times) and giving plenty of useful information (e.g. what to pack).
If you have any questions, please contact Kirk on the details below or check the church online hub: stjohnsdc.info
We look forward to seeing you on the Labour Day long weekend.
Kirk Mackenzie | Youth & Young Adults Minister | w. 9438 1264 | e. email@example.com