Church can be a bit strange, if you’ve never been before – but we’re here to help you find out what to expect at church.
St John’s believes in being an intergenerational community. A strength and beauty of our church, is that it brings people of all ages, and walks of life, together.
No matter where you’re at with Jesus, you’re welcome at St John’s. Nobody at St John’s, including leaders, has it all together. We’re all imperfect people, working out what it means to live as followers of Jesus. We all stumble and fail, but the love of Jesus is more than we could ever need.
What to expect when you visit
So, what to expect at Church? Simply that we care about you, not what you’re wearing, how many tattoos you have, or what you’ve done. We’re all imperfect people, but we come together to support each other, and serve Jesus. Here are some things you can expect when you come to visit:
- Friends. We love to welcome new people, and expect visitors to our church. We hope to welcome every visitor, but because we’re a large community we’d love you to say “this is my first time here” to anyone you meet, so we can be sure to help and guide you.
- A fun, safe environment for kids. We run great activities for kids of all ages in our services. Kids are included in the service up until the teaching time when they leave for their own age appropriate learning activities. We take the safety and well being of children seriously. All our staff, and children’s volunteers have current working with children’s checks.
- A no-pressure environment. One of our core values is to expect and welcome new people. What do we expect from visitors? Nothing. We won’t single you out. We won’t ask you to say anything. Sit where you like. There’s no obligation or expectation for you to give financially.
- Music. All of our services feature some music, which we sing together as a church, to praise our God. You can join in, or not. You can stand up, or not. And if you can’t sing, don’t worry, with everyone else singing, no one will hear you!
- Practical teaching from the bible. The bible gives us timeless advice for life, and explains the freedom we can have in Jesus Christ. We strive to provide teaching relevant to real-life Aussies in the 21st century. You can get a taste for this by listening to our podcast.
We hope this helps you work out what to expect at church, but if you’ve got any questions at all, reach out. We hope to meet you this Sunday.