Restrictions have eased further so no pre-registration is necessary for our in-person services this week. Join us for one of the following:
- 8:00am – traditional Anglican Prayer Book service, celebrating communion.
- 10:00am – a blend of traditional and contemporary worship, includes a kids’ program.
- 5:00pm – relaxed service with a focus on youth and young adults, includes a kids’ program.
- Online Service – premiered at 10am, but then available to watch at any time.
During the school holidays, the St John’s Kids program is in recess, to give our leaders a well-deserved break. There will be activity sheets available, if needed, to keep hands busy while listening to the talk at our in-person services. Those watching the online service may like to print and use some of these:
What’s the best way to raise kids who seek to draw close to God? We need to seek God with them.
If you don’t know where to start, or you’ve read through the children’s bibles and devotion books that you have several times and are looking for something new, online reading plans are a great resource. Some include videos as well as a devotion to share, games or activity ideas, and questions to prompt family discussion. Some suggestions:
- Family Talk: a 5-day plan looking at the importance of how we speak to one another.
- Indescribable: 7-day plan focussing on the connection between God and science.
- How Great Is Our God: 7-day plan looking at the natural world and God, the creator.
- One Year in the Bible: a weekly plan for families that offers an overview of the bible.
Note: The first three of these can be found at Bible.com or within their Bible app for the convenience of being able to access it anywhere, on your phone.
Have a great week,
Kylie – Children & Families’ Minister