SUNDAY 27 SEPTEMBER
Access our streamed services here.
This week we continue our Good News in Action series, looking at another of Jesus’ healing miracles and application for our lives today. Read Luke 7:11-17 in preparation.
If you have shakers or bells, have them handy for this week’s kids’ song, Shake My Shaker.
Activities, if needed, to keep hands busy while listening to Kirk’s talk:
St John’s Kids Sessions:
Last week we announced that we are implementing some changes to our St John’s Kids program for Term 4. The St John’s Kids team will be running 30-minute Zoom classes for specific age groups, on Sunday afternoons, with the aim of reconnecting your kids with their church friends and leaders, while nurturing their growing faith.
This week’s 4:00pm session is aimed at Kinder/Prep. Join here.
This week’s 4:30pm session is aimed at Grade 1. Join here.
To manage numbers, we have structured these sessions along Year Level lines. However, if the other time slot on a given date suits you better, or if your child has a specific friendship in the adjacent year, there is flexibility to join another group. However, unless your children are in the same year, or adjacent years, we ask that siblings do not attend these groups together.
We strive to create safe environments for children to come to know and experience the love of Jesus. Each session will have two adult leaders and we encourage in-room parental supervision, particularly for younger children. If you would like the option of leaving your child(ren) unsupervised in our online sessions, you must complete a permission form ahead of time.
You can find further details of our Child Safety policy and documents here.
Thanks to COVID, most of your children will have some video-conferencing experience, but we encourage you to talk through some best-practices points before their session:
- Mute your microphone when entering the meeting and at other times when the focus is on listening, not speaking (e.g. when a story is being read)
- Position your camera properly and stay in one place during the meeting
- Set the screen name with your first name
- Do not use a background picture unless necessary. If you do, do not change it during the meeting.
- Be mindful of taking turns and not speaking over one another. Just as we do in person, raise your hand (physically or with the Zoom emoticon) and wait for the leader to call on you.
- Older children: Have a bible (or bible app) on hand. (Depending on the age group, leaders may ask the group to look up a passage or may share something on the screen.)
The team looks forward to seeing and interacting with your children soon!