SUNDAY 31 MAY Today’s service: Access our streamed services here. Today is Pentecost – a celebration of the Holy Spirit descending upon the disciples and new believers in Jesus. Today’s passage reminds us that when we believe in Jesus, we also receive his gift of the Holy Spirit, and we become a new creation. We no longer live for ourselves, but for Christ. Join in with the actions today as we sing One Way and celebrate that Jesus is the one we live for. To keep hands busy while listening to Julie’s talk today:
- Younger Kids – Colouring Pages 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Older Kids – Wordfind and have a bible open at Acts 2, ready to help you solve this Crossword.
We will be including Communion in the service today, so have some bread and wine/juice ready if you wish to partake. Family Devotion Time: After/Before your service of choice, or at a time that best suits you during the day, watch Kylie’s talk … Discuss …
- How do you make decisions? (ask questions, flip a coin, sleep on it)
- Who helps you make decisions? (parents, friends, teachers)
Not all decisions we make need us to ask the Holy Spirit. Sometimes we need to make decisions on our own … Hmmm, shall I have toast or cereal for breakfast this morning? It’s okay to make that decision without praying first! But the Holy Spirit will help us when our actions need to be like Jesus. We can pray and ask for the Spirit to let his ‘fruit’ show in our lives. In Galations 5:22-23 we are told that the fruit of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
- Spend some time discussing situations when it is easy and difficult to show each of these ‘fruit’ in our lives.
Prayer Activity … Use this Flying Flames activity to remember how God sent us the Holy Spirit. Every time you blow a flame into the air, say a prayer. Try these, but pray anything else that comes to mind:
- I’m sorry for (an area in your life where you are living your way, not God’s)
- Thank you for sending us the Holy Spirit to help us live for Jesus
- Help me to tell others about you
? Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay